Thursday, May 28, 2009

The future of fixed freestyle?


So my roommate Garrett just built up a fixed Bike Friday. He'd talked about building a fixed folder before, always with a maniacal grin...Who knew it would draw a similar smile from every person who rides it?

As it turns out, tricks are really easy on this thing. Ian landed a mini-Keo on his first try (took a few more to get it on film), and I can almost do backwards circles on it! And I don't really do tricks. The only time I try backwards circles is when I have a mallet in hand and the score is 44.

By the way, he built the wheels himself, in true '80s BMX fashion:

How long before we see fixed folders in Milan/Yokohama/Seattle/NY?

1 comment:

  1. "The best part is: it matches Ians shirt."
    -Garrett, 2 minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete